Coyote Institute (for Studies in Change and Transformation)
Welcome to the Coyote Institute's Website. We are a not-for-profit corporation under Section 501c3 of the U.S. Tax Code.
We aim to enrich contemporary medicine and psychology with the knowledge and wisdom of indigenous cultures.
Coyote is our muse, because Coyote is a powerful North American symbol for change and transformation. Coyote's job is to intervene when any system gets rigid and inflexible, providing the input (perturbation) to move the system toward transformation (to shift a system into a new attractor basin). Coyote is the only species in North America spreading into every habitat. Plus Coyote is just downright fun. Change and transformation can be humorous and counter-serious.
We have a guiding Council of seven individuals. We have Teaching Associates and Research Associates. We do not provide clinical care. Within our educational program, we offer individualized approaches to learning life and stress management, stress reduction, self-healing. Our healing camps provide opportunities for individuals to learn to be healing as well as experience healing.
Our current ongoing programs are:
1. Training programs in Narrative Studies for Health Professionals with online courses, mentoring activities, and other opportunities to narrativize your practice.
2. Ongoing workshops and trainings for anyone interested in self-healing, building community, and activating their natural skill-set towards change and transformation.
3. Training in Coyote Healing (Indigenous inspired, story-focused, experiential, embodied, community-inclusive practice).
4. Ongoing training in North American Indigenous Bodywork.
5. Ongoing research on health and healing with marginalized populations.
6. Consultations with indigenous communities on how to imbed culture into their health care services.
Friend us on Facebook!: www.facebook.com/coyoteinstitute
To contact us by snail mail:
P.O. Box 39
Orono, ME 04473
Remapping Your Mind Presentation at Creativity and Madness
Click here to download Remapping Your Mind from the Creativity and Madness Conference in Santa Fe, New Mexico, August 2016.
Up Next: Talks at Goddard College, Plainfield, Vermont, August 12th and 13th.
Visit us and friend us on Facebook!
Join us in Orono the last Tuesday of each month for storytelling (or online)!
Lewis Mehl-Madrona is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Storytellng in Orono and Online
Time: Jul 31, 2018 6:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Every month on the Last Tuesday, except
NOT Dec 25, 2018 6:00 PM BUT Dec 26, 2018
NOT Dec 31, 2019 6:00 PM BUT Dec 30, 2019
Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your calendar system.
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/743393534
You will need to cut and paste this address into your browser. It will not go directly through this website.
Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16699006833,,743393534# or +19294362866,,743393534#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 929 436 2866
Meeting ID: 743 393 534
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/b2RhKZaRg